Simple, yet very profound
At its simplest it measures Respect, Wavelength (8 facets), Detriments, Beneficial Supplements and Mars Problems:
Here’s the system:
A. FIRST THERE’S THE ISSUE OF RESPECT – Will the couple be inclined to respect each other? This is crucial (Strii Diirgha).
B. THEN THERE’S THE ISSUE OF WAVELENGTH – Will the couple be on the same wavelength? The eight facets of wavelength are scored out of a total possible <36 points. They are:
1. Mutation: Positive Change – Will the couple gravitate towards positive improvement? (Varna, <1 point).
2. Inate Giving – Will the couple be innately give to each other? (Vasya, <2 points: 1 point if the man is inately giving to the woman; 2 points if it’s both ways)
3. Comfort – Will the man’s presence be felt as more comfortable or threatening to the woman? (Tara or Dina, <3 points)
4. Instinctive Compatibility – The better the Yonis (sexual compatibility) between the couple the better they can act together and bond. The system assesses whether the couple will be friendly, neutral, unfriendly, or inimical to each other (Yoni, <4 points)
5. Friendliness – It’s so important to be friends – or are you neutral or even inimical towards each other? (Graha Maitram, <5 points)
6. Temperament – Is there affinity between the two people’s temperaments? (Gana, <6 points)
7. Constructivism – Can couple can create well together and be constructive together? Favorable scores predict prosperity and happiness; lowest scores can bring loss, ruin, quarreling and separation or loss of progeny (Bha, <7 points)
8. Excess – I there excess of Kapha, Pitta or Vata in the relationship: there should be balance (Nadi or ‘Humour’, <8 points)
Total Ashta Kuta Score: up to 36 points
C. NEXT THE TWO DETRIMENTS NEED TO BE CONSIDERED (The Great Blemishes’ – The Doshas)
1. Obstruction –– will there be excessive obstructions that prevent your lives from completely coming together? (Veda)
2. Misfortune – will the couple be ‘roped to’ misfortune or not, and will unexpected troubles arise between them? This system is also used to establish how compatible the energies of each partner’s chakras are with each other (Rajju)
D. THEN THE BENEFICIAL SUPPLEMENTS ARE ASSESSED (The Upaskaras)
1. Shared Sense of Purpose – is there the needed ‘shared sense of purpose’? It is best if there is unity of soul purpose (Mahendra)
2. Magnetic Attraction – Is there magnetic attraction between the couple. If the magnetic attraction is one-way, this can be an horrifically dangerous ‘Fatal Attraction’.
E. ASSERTIVE PRESSURE IS A MAJOR ISSUE AS WELL (Mars problems – Kuja Dosha)
Mars is a malefic. Its energy is good for getting things done but can be abrasive, harmful or destructive in relationship issues. This evaluation facet warns if one partner is far more assertive than the other (this is a major thing that went wrong in the relationship of Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes – see separate up-coming Blogs on Sylvia, Ted and their relationship). If Kuja Dosha applies, it will damage the houses of marriage, family life, the home environment, the marital tie and/or sexual pleasure.
Michael offers Relationship and other Astrology Reports with care and expertise. And for the full list of the Starwheel Workshops see www.starwheel.co.uk
Open Your Heart to Love – Love Astrology for Singles or Solo attenders on Saturday 29th January 2011, 10am to 4.30pm:
Journey to the Loving Heart of Your Relationship – Love Astrology for Couples on Saturday February 12th 2011, 10am to 4.30pm:
All Starwheel Workshops are at The Happiness Centre in Ilkley. Starwheel workshops are a unique combination of insight offered from astrology plus the demonstration of powerful and fast-acting depth healing techniques. You could not take a more positive course of action.
It is necessary to pre-book so that we can fully study and prepare your astrology. Please see the relevant web pages on www.starwheel.co.uk where you can also book on line.)