Welcome to the April 2018 fourth Edition of Maggie and Michael’s Astrology and Healing Magazine, brought to you from their Healing Centre on the
wild Atlantic way coast of Sligo in the West of Ireland.
And this month’s issue covers the impressive Healing modality of EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique
Plus clear and empowering inspirational expression of the Astrology of April 2018, valuably embracing both Western and Vedic Astrology! And asking you key questions that are raised about your life.
Tap your way to a happier you.
This month I’m going to talk about how Emotional Freedom Techniques can help you improve your life.
I first came across the idea of tapping on meridian energy points way back in 2001 and as a trained shiatsu practitioner, I was both intrigued and also pretty cynical as to how this simpler approach would work. I initially dismissed it as another fad which would at best yield only temporary or superficial results.
Yet EFT kept grabbing my attention and within the year I had trained in Emotional Freedom Techniques and was surprisingly impressed by the responses I was getting with clients. So impressed in fact, that I became and EFT Trainer and helped others get those wonderful and, often surprising, releases from all sorts of conditions, even difficult long-standing ones. Sure it does look a bit weird, or did so at the time when it was less well-known, but when something works, where nothing else has so far, it certainly grabs your attention. I was happy to update my opinion of this new way of working if it could help people feel better.
Some of my early successes were helping a client improve his walking and be able to play with his child again, have a long-standing back pain disappear, resolve trauma and phobias, help prepare a client for IVF, dissolve interview nerves and increase confidence, overcome fear of flying and on and on. The best thing about it too is it gave my clients a way of continuing to manage the on-going stress situations which occur in daily modern life. It is something that can be done face to face or over the internet or phone.
First of all you are invited to bring into awareness the issue or problem you wish to overcome – calling a spade a spade, rather than trying to rationalise it or cut off from it. We give the intensity of how that issue is affecting us a number on a scale of 0-10. The second part is tapping on a series of points on the face and head and sometimes on the hands while we say words which sum up the issue. The words are simply there to hold the focus on whatever it is we wish to address, it is the tapping on the meridian points that does the balancing of our energy. We then compare how you feel now. Has that initial number changed? Do we tap again in a similar way or has the focus changed. Often tapping can help you be aware of what is really going on and help clarify actions to take. It can release the charge of an old traumatic incident so it simply becomes a memory, rather than something that haunts you.
And having released the stuff holding you back it can also be used to help adopt new responses more easily, build confidence and facilitate learning. It can be used to help children with the various emotional challenges encountered during their growing years. In that way it can be a great way for parents to support their children and to also help them cope better with the pressures of a busy family life.
Research has been done over the years which show that tapping helps reduce the stress response. It has increasingly being taken up by therapists, educators, some doctors and even the health service.
The Astrology of April 2018, from Michael Conneely:
The energies of the planets are presented in both the Sidereal Zodiac of Vedic Astrology (which has a destiny unfoldment focus) and also using the Tropical Zodiac of Western Astrology, which is focussed on our psychological unfoldment.
You can see the charts for the start and the end of the month, also lunations and eclipses, by going to Michael’s Starwheel Astrology website: www.starwheelastrology.com/2018-astrology.html
and information about the Planets in 2018 are covered by going to: www.starwheelastrology.com/2018-planets.html
What are the top news items for you to be aware of and deal with?
Here is the powerful ‘Top Twelve’ summary, and it’s followed by a very useful Table of the planets’ positions in both Vedic and Western Astrology below that:
1. The Saturn Mars Conjunction
Saturn and Mars start April in exact conjunction at 14 Vedic Sagittarius (PurvAshada Nakshatra), this is 8 Western Capricorn. And the two planets stay in conjunction all month.
This is good for technical work and DIY but it’s tough when Mars pitts himself against Saturn’s structures, patience and blocks, or when Saturn puts the lid on Mars leading to disastrous explosions of swearing impatience!
The energy of Mars-Saturn conjunction is bumpy and antagonistic. Positively, you might break out of the concrete prison you erected for you life, and free up your force of expression. Hopefully knowing this astrology will allow you to see the danger signs, and plan to manage your energy level.
You could enter April with big ideas, but be prepared to modify them, integrate them with other things in your life, and ‘go with the flow’. Channel your Mars power carefully and direct it with good ethical conscious awareness.
Mars is exalted in Vedic Capricorn from May to November! Cultivate courage.
If you have been feeling overwhelmed, let things balance out. Prioritise. Be guided by your intuition and inspiration. And as a very special issue to watch: Mars and Ketu are both in Capricorn from May 2nd to November 5th. See next month’s magazine on what this means and how to handle it.
2. The Sun enters Vedic Aries on 14th April, crossing the immaterial and unconfident (but inspirational) Vedic Pisces-Aries Gandanta Zone for four days either side of that date. The Sun is exalted in Aries (Adolf Hitler had his Sun there), and Mars is strong, so this can hold a useful guide picture of energy up to you.
Develop your individual expression. Embrace who you are. Sun is square Pluto on April 10th. This can open a portal for you to come to grips with your life direction and embrace deep change.
3. The Sun is conjunct Uranus in the heavens on 19th April. Anticipate unexpected events, impulses and inspirations. Will this be a matter of explosions of impatience or inspired revolutionary breakthrough in your case? Try to use this inspirational time to consciously take stock! To identify the habitual negative expectations of your life. Try to imagine instead how you can live connected to your wellspring of inspiration- driven confidence. Maggie’s ‘Access Consciousness’ healing and empowerment work is very good for this. See:
maggiepashley.com/breakthrough-sessions worldwide on-line via Zoom
maggiepashley.com/access-body-processes hands on work in Ireland
4. The Moon is conjunct Ketu in the heavens on 10th April at 17 Vedic Capricorn. This is not good for confidence or sound health.
5. Mars conjuncts Pluto exact on 26th April at 27 Vedic Sagittarius (21 western Capricorn). Be careful not to wield force implacably! Beware of darkness rising with violence.
6. Mercury is Retrograde from 1st to 14th April, and does not regain his pre-retrogradation position until the end of April. If Mercury has problematic stats in your Vedic Birth Chart, expect problems in IT, filing, posts and communications, and do your best to stay calm (somehow) and deal with them methodically and in a friendly way.
Mercury is square Mars on April 4th to 5th: avoid angry words.
Saturn is square Mercury on April 5th: consciously avoid blocks or pessimism or over-focus in the Mercury areas of life.
Mercury is in Vedic Pisces, so this does in truth lead to confused mental and communication issues, but can be inspirational.
Mercury Retrograde periods are actually good if you take note of the glitches, review your programs, and make good realistic decisions for how to manage your priorities.
The Mars-Saturn conjunction will force you to be pragmatic and respond to Mercury Retrograde glitches. Determine where you are going with your projects.
7. Saturn is Retrograde from April 17th to September 6th. Saturn is in Sagittarius from October 2017 to January 2020. And within that Saturn and Mars are now in PurvAshada.
If you have Sun there, you could experience golden reaping (or professional downfall if you are off course in your life, or weak).
If you have Moon there, this is the centre of your Sade Sate: the difficult and separative, often depressed seven and a half period where Saturn transits through the Vedic sign before your natal Moon, the Vedic sign of your natal Moon and the sign after that. Note that a Nakshatra defined sequence for Sade Sate gives better definition than sign based definition.
Saturn actually retrogrades from 16 to 9 deg Sagittarius in 2018, so traversing from PurvaAshada back into Mula Nakshatras.
With Saturn transiting Sagittarius, note that you will need to honour and balance principles of both Jupiter expansion and Saturn contraction and consolidation.
With Saturn being retrograde, this is a wonderful chance to understand yourself better. Ask yourself these Retrograde Saturn questions:
a. Do I do too much under the influence of impulse and excitement?
b. Do I recognise my bedrock motivations?
c. And this is a big one: Do I draw back out of what would be good for me and my loved ones out of blocks and FEAR???
d. Does bedrock sense that you are a loser and a failure hold you back???
e. Develop awareness of the consequences of your decisions through your life.
8. Pluto is Retrograde from 22nd April to September 30th. Note this is the same time as Saturn is Retrograde, and note that a Saturn-Pluto conjunction is implacably building to be exact: see the chart for this moment on my website page: www.starwheelastrology.com/2018-astrology.html
9. Jupiter is Retrograde all month: this is the time to consolidate and bring into form your inspirations and ideas of the previous month or to.
Dot the Is. Cross the Ts.
Create sound structures and procedures. Apply diligence and discipline and your expansionary projects will FLOWER and SUCCEED!
10. Rahu is in Ashlesha Nakshatra until 27th April when he retrogrades into Pushyami Nakshatra. Ashlesh is difficult serpent energy. Rahu can be driven, over-expansionary and toxic. Ashelsha is ruled by Mercury and its last four degrees are Gandanta. Seek to find the INSPIRATION offered at this time. Avoid the Mercury over-discussion and criticism. Avoid the Rahu darkness and over-ambition. Notice if you feel pray to psychological imbalance. Transmute the poison. Embrace vision and energy work. What with the breakthrough of Uranus entering Vedic Aries/Ashwini this year, and the earlier eclipse in Ashlesha, 2018 can be a most wonderful year for INSPIRATION. By Vedic Sign, Rahu is transiting Cancer at this time. Issues of mothering arise in our lives, emotional breakthrough and healing and empowerment from this.
11. Venus enters Taurus on April 20th bringing pleasure and art and socialising.
12. Chiron enters Aries: A very special event occurs on April 12th. Chiron enters Western Aries (Vedic 6 Pisces). Chiron is in Aries for the first time since it was discovered in 1977! Chiron actually retrogrades back into Western Pisces in September.
Please do a conscious survey and ask yourself these questions and make a note of the answers:
a. Are the needs you are striving for your actual valid needs?
b. You need a healthy ego so that you can do the work you incarnated to do in this lifetime. Is your ego healthy?
c. Do you need to reorder your self?
d. How are you dealing with the challenges of your wounds?
Please embrace the Chiron in Aries energy to recognise what wound(s) you have to the way you assert yourself in the world! What are you doing to make them a thing of your past??
Planet Positions in April 2018:
So, using the Vedic Sidereal Zodiac, the planets move as follows in April 2018:
This table shows their positions in the Sidereal Signs, and also in the wonderful Lunar Signs, the Nakshatras:
Sun from 17 Pisces to 16 Aries, Revati to Bharani
Mars from 14 to 19 Sagittarius, PurvAshada to UttarAshada
Mercury from 17 to 19 Pisces. Retrograde from 1st to 14th April, direct at 10 Pisces. Revati
Jupiter from 28 to 25 Libra: Retrograde all month. Vishakha.
Venus from 7 Aries to 13 Taurus. Venus enters Taurus on April 20th. Ashwini to Rohini.
Saturn from 14 to 14 Sagittarius, Retrograde from 17th April. PurvAshada.
Rahu from 17 – 16 Cancer, Retrograde throughout (Mean Node). Ashlesha to Pushyami. Ketu from 17 – 16 Capricorn, Retrograde throughout
(Mean Node). Sravana.
Uranus from 3 – 5 Aries. Ashwini
Neptune from 20 – 21 Aquarius. PurvaBhadra
Pluto at 27 Sagittarius. Retrograde from 22nd April to September 30th. UttarAshada.
Chiron 5 – 7 Pisces. UttaraBhadra
The New Moon is on 16th April at 2 Aries in Ashwini Nakshatra. This New Moon is in explosive conjunction with Uranus.
The Full Moon is on 30th April at 16 Libra in Swati Nakshatra
And using the Western Tropical Zodiac, the planets move as follows in April 2018:
Sun 11 Aries to 11 Taurus
Mercury 12 to 14 Aries. Retrograde from 1st to 14th April.
Venus 1 Taurus to 8 Gemini
Mars 8 to 23 Capricorn
Jupiter 22 to 19 Scorpio. Retrograde all month.
Saturn 8 to 9 capricorn. Retrograde from 17th April
Uranus 27 to 29 Aries
Neptune 14 to 15 Pisces
Pluto 21 Capricorn. Retrograde from 22nd April.
Chiron 29 Pisces to 0 Aries
North Node 12 to 10 Leo
South Node 12 to 10 Aquarius
The New Moon is on 16th April at 26 Aries
The Full Moon is on 30th April at 9 Scorpio
Note that these charts are based on time and date Sligo, Ireland. To see what the time it is in your country, use: https://www.timeanddate.com/
Book a Reading: To enroll for one of my expert natal chart interpretations, Prediction or Relationship Readings, go to:
Enrol on a Course: Transform your life by learning Astrology with expert individual teaching and guidance:
It would be great to work with you on one of my Courses: